THE PUDDING INCIDENT

What have you been up to in the kitchen?

Monday, October 10, 2005

Chili Monster


Chili Monster
Originally uploaded by Allmightymo.
Ok...so I leave the house at 7:30 and get home at 6. So I decided I should look into this "crock pot" thing that is so damn popular out here in the south. I like the idea that dinner is waiting for me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Pot-O-Chili:
1 lb ground meat (beef, turkey, etc)
1 chopped onion
1 big ass can o' crushed tomato (29 oz)
1 wee can o' "zesty" tomato with green chilis (14.5 oz)
1 can each o' black, kidney and garbonzo beans (15 oz)
3 tbs chili powder
Minced garlic (use as much as you want. I like garlic).
Some salt, pepper and cumin.

Brown the meat and translucify the onion. Throw everything in the crock pot and let on low for 8-10 hours or high for 3-4. (the assembly can be completed the night before for lazy asses like myself that don't want to do it in the morning-just throw it all together and toss it in the fridge).
Serve with desired toppings.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OK. I woulda added more spicy stuff. It's missing something and I don't know what. But its tasty and warm, and most importantly, READY when I got home.
Well. Kinda. I took a bite and immediately burned off the roof of my mouth. So let it cool.

Would likely be tastier with garlic bread.

No comments: