THE PUDDING INCIDENT

What have you been up to in the kitchen?

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

"My Life Sucks" Salmon

There has been more drama in the past 24 hours than I would have liked. I came home emotionally and physically drained, and hungry. Yesterday I had pulled some salmon from the fridge and put it in the fridge to defrost. Knowing full well that I needed to cook the salmon, but having neither the patience, nor the materials to make another recipe I had in mind, I turned to my trusty BHG Cookbook, looking for something under the "fish and shellfish" tab.
Lo and behold, pesto something-or-other salmon. The biggest thing in its favor--ease of preparation. I washed and dried my salmon (ok, why?). I brushed it with a little EVOO, salt and pepper, and broiled it for about 7 minutes 4 inches from the heat source (4-6 min per half inch fillet [julia child pronounces it Fill-Ett]), or until it flaked easily with a fork.

While its doing that, mix together some pesto and mayonnaise in a bowl. In another bowl, mix together bread crumbs and parmesean cheese.

Pull the salmon out of the oven, dump the pesto on top, and the bread crumbs on top of that. Broil for another 1-2 minutes, and eat it. If you feel like it, make a side dish. I dumped spring greens and Soy Vay Cha-Cha Chinese Chicken Salad Dressing together on the side.

Good, easy, fast.

1 comment:

Marina said...

It should be noted that:
a) dessert will be trader joe's key lime cheesecake
b) You SHOULD own BGH cookbook.