So, as the undercurrent of Food Not Bombs Petaluma, I have discovered some excellent recipes that have been well-received by the Latino men we serve. We get donations from Petaluma Soup Kitchen and have had to improvise many a meal. Here is a winner:
Food Not Bombs Pizzitas:
1. A few cans of the Pillsbury Biscuits (I believe it says "Golden Layers" on the box.)
2. A Jar of spaghetti sauce of your choice ( I enjoy Amy's Organic Mushroom and Garlic sauce, but Amy's is pretty local and probably does not extend to many other states, if even out of the county.)
3. One red bell pepper and one green bell pepper.
4. One bag/box cherry tomatoes
5. Cheese of your choice. (We used Chevre goat cheese because that's what we had.)
Heat the oven to 350 and butter some cookie sheets.
Unroll the individual biscuits and poke holes in them so that they don't rise too much.
Warm up the sauce (maybe with some chopped up garlic?) and spice it as you like.
Then, on each of the little biscuits put a spoonful of sauce, some bell peppers (we used both colors for aesthetic value) and top with cheese. Bake for about 15-20 minutes.
They are delicious, easy, and feed many.