So, in Costa Rica, bakeries are the place to be. Actually, they are the makers of heavenly food. They make cakes, pastries, bread, and things filled with meat. I have compiled a list of the best things to buy if you ever decide to come to Costa Rica and go to a bakery.
1. Torta Chilena-this is layers of the flaky pastry stuff with caramel between the layers.
2. Lucrecia-a crouissant filled with jalapeño, toasted cheese, ground beef, and onions.
3. Enchilada-also a crouissant filled with potatos, something spicy, and ground beef.
4. Pudding-not real pudding, but it's got the texture of pudding and is really good.
5. Tres Leches-the best thing in the history of the world. It is a normal cakes soaked in sweetened condensed milk, evaporated milk, and regular milk. Hence the name, Tres Leches.
That's it. There are tons more but these are the ones to look for.