THE PUDDING INCIDENT

What have you been up to in the kitchen?

Friday, December 09, 2005

Apple-Cranberry Crisp

I haven't made this, but I know how much people enjoy making Apple Crisp so I thought Apple-Cranberry might be a good addition...

Ingredients for filling
12 large Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and sliced
8 oz. fresh or frozen cranberries
Juice of 1 lemon
1/3 cup brandy
1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 tablespoons whole wheat pastry flour


Ingredients for topping
1 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
1/2 cup toasted wheat germ
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1/3 cup canola oil or grapeseed oil
1/3 cup maple syrup


Preparation
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
To make filling, toss apples in a large bowl with cranberries, lemon juice, brandy, brown sugar, cinnamon and flour. Place mixture in a 10 x 8-inch baking dish.
To make topping, mix rolled oats, wheat germ, salt, cinnamon, brown sugar, oil and syrup. Spread over apple mixture. Cover dish with foil, and bake 20 minutes. Uncover, and bake 40 minutes longer, until apples are soft.

Makes 12 servings

1 comment:

Momo said...

Ohhh!! Looks tasty. My friends and I are having an celebration dinner (really, just an excuse for me to make another turkey) next weekend. I'll have to make this.